Building on the success of Okuma Nomad travel rods, Nomad Inshore Travel rods deliver a concise selection of all-around destination rods with worldwide utility (and a far better experience than fishing a beat up lodge rod). Three-piece design constructed with European spigot ferrule connections offers 1-piece rod performance yet travels easily inside a padded and waterproof case. Each rod includes two tip sections, one lighter and one heavier, to increase versatility while keeping luggage to a minimum. Premium components were chosen for rock-solid dependability with the realization that home may be continents away. As traveling with rod tubes continues to grow in difficulty and expense, Nomad Inshore Travel rods are a great solution and cheap insurance for a quality trip.
European Spigot Ferrule Connection: The Okuma Nomad Travel series of rods utilizes a European Spigot Ferrule connection for joining the pieces of the rod. This type of connection offers a feel more similar to a 1-piece rod, because the ferrule joints go further into the blank. It also offers improved strength and durability. It’s important to note that the blank that is being inserted in most cases will not go completely inside the joining piece. This is completely normal and will have no effect on the rods performance.
- OC9 Technology: Durable graphite rod blank with carbon outer wrap3-section rod blank for easy break down while traveling
- All models are 7’0′ with inshore actions
- 2-tip actions included per rod (Example ML/M or M/MH)
- European spigot ferrule connection: Offers feel of a 1-pcs rod
- Waterproof travel bag with shoulder strap
- Split-butt rear grip design
- ALPS guides with Zirconium inserts
- ALPS 2-tone anodized aluminum reel seat
- ALPS machined aluminum trigger real seat on casting models
- Non slip grip above each ferrule connection for easy assembly
- Durable cork fore and rear grips
- Nomad Inshore Travel rods are backed by a limited lifetime warranty