Jackson’s Cuda 12 is the little brother to the Cuda 14. Designed especially for the angler who fishes different waters, but only wants to purchase one kayak, the Cuda 12 is great for ponds, lakes, rivers and the ocean. It’s easy to store and carry off the water due to its 12 foot length, and it’s fast and maneuverable for any on-water situation. Decked out with all the comforts and fishing friendly features that anglers love about Jackson Kayaks.
Cuda 12 Walkthrough Video
Cuda 12 Specifications
|# of Seats||1|
|Rear Hatch||Yes; Round, 9.375″|
|Rudder Ready||Yes (Sold Separately)|
|Rudder Type||Smart Track|
|Seat Type||Ergo Seat|
|Total Capacity||350 lbs|
|Weight||70 lbs (75 w/ seat)|
Cuda 12 Features
- Ergo Seat – The Ergo Seat features all new 3D breathable mesh fabric, increased supports for high / low seating, improved lumbar support, additional storage spots and is compatible with the newer track/hi-low systems.
- Hull Design – The Cuda 12 was designed to be the kayak that fits between the maneuverability of the Coosa and the speed of the Cuda 14. The Cuda 12 has a great secondary stability that makes the kayak extremely stable to stand and fish from.
- Hinging Central Hatch Cover – The Cuda’s center hatch is now hinged for easier use and comes with YakAttck gear tracks, and day hatch for easy internal access.
- Center Hatch – The Center Hatch allows you to access the hull of your kayak. This is a great place to store rods for a gnarly surf launch, or all your gear when traveling. It is easily accessible on the water. You can also add an tub insert that allows you to keep plenty of on the water accessories close by. The hatch cover has small indentions that keep items like hooks and weights from falling on the floor of you kayak, and eventually down a scupper. The hatch cover is also a great place to mount accessories like a GPS or a depth finder.
- Yakattack Gear Tracks – Located on both sides of the center hatch, the YakAttck gear tracks are built in to the kayak in easily accessible locations for adding accessories via Yakattack Screwballs and RAM Mounts.
- RAM Rod Holders and RAM Mounts – Each Cuda 12 includes two flush mount rod holders.
- 32 oz Nalgene / Central Beverage Holder – Each kayak includes a Nalgene 32 ounce wide mouth water bottle. Made in the USA, Jackson Kayak’s custom Nalgene bottles are decked out with JK logos.
- Rod Tip Protector – The Rod Tip Protector is a great way to store your rods when they are not in use or if you are paddling through tight areas like mangrove tunnels. By concealing the rod tips, they won’t get snagged on brush or weeds, and helps prevent you from accidentally breaking your rod on the water. You’re on your own with ceiling fans and car doors.
- Heavy Duty Seat Attachment Buckle – Durable and tough attachment that will outlast all the use and abuse you can manage, season after season. Keeps your seat locked in position and makes you feel connected to the kayak.
- Hull Storage – Open hull space that allows for safe storage of fishing rods, camping gear, PFD’s, dry bags, etc.. A great way to keep your gear safe when traveling and generous volume allows you to pack enough gear for expedition paddling.
- Ram and GoPro Inserts – There are molded-in inserts located throughout our fishing boats for GoPro and Ram mounts. They have have been placed in locations that are convenient for use and optimal for GoPro footage or fishing accessories via ram mounts. The Cuda 12 comes with one GoPro mount, one Ram 2007 rod holder, and 2 Ram rocket launcher rod holders.
- Rear Tackle Rod Holders – The Cuda has a very large rear tankwell for plenty of storage. Along the sides of the tankwell, there are 2 tackle stages that hold 3700 size boxes horizontally. Also, behind the seat the Cuda comes with two Ram rocket launcher rod holders that keep your reels clear of any saltwater that may splash up when paddling.
- Rod Stagers – Stagers are great locations to place items that you need handy but aren’t using at the moment. They also keep the rods from sliding around the kayak.
- Paddle Holders / Stagers – The perfect compliment to the rod stagers. These allow easy stowing of your paddle when you are ready to make that perfect cast.
- Rudder Ready – Comes pre-rigged for easy rudder installation, if it suits your paddling style.
- Tankwell – Large rear tankwell with bungee to put and secure gear, coolers or tackle
- Stand-assist Strap – A handy strap that is within reach of the seat and that makes standing up and sitting down safe & easy!
- Removable Skid Plate – We protect the biggest wear area on the kayak with the skid plate. Your keel will last season after season with this smart feature
- Adjustable Foot Pegs – Making the boat functional for paddlers of all sizes. The foot pegs adjust easily.
- Two-Layer Standing Pad – NEW Two-Layered Standing pad. Great for sound dampening and super comfortable for standing and fishing.
- Ergonomic Handles – NEW Ergonomic Handles with added grip textured inserts help you keep good contact when carrying your kayak, even when wet. Also, there is no fabric to ensure snag-proof days on the water.
- RAM Rod Holder – Each Cuda 12 comes with a RAM 2007 Rod Holder and 1.5