What Drove US to the Creation of the DIRTY BAY TACKLE CORK – our story.
It all began on a fishing trip when the sun begins to set quickly and I couldn’t find my cork.
I had a feeling I needed to find it or move it, as I set the hook I quickly discovered a had a nice trout on the other end and didn’t’ even know it until getting him to the boat. The idea was at that time born……………within a few days the wife and I began our quest for materials, making our way to every craft store we could find and all places in between.
We first attempted to build the corks from raw shaped Styrofoam as well as raw Styrofoam that we carved and sanded trying to get the shape we were looking for but quickly discovered that was not going to work. The hunt began again. We bought every big, small, short and long raw cork we could find and started experimenting with different types of beads and wire. Searching for the ideal combination that would give us the “ideal” sound, not tangle, no weak links but above all they had to be highly visible in low lighting. My wife had the idea to add glow beads but nothing we could find was bright enough until she finally succeeded and got us to where we are currently with our extreme glow. I knew they had to be “my kind of tough”, rigid, not look, feel or even include cheap materials but I still had to be affordable for myself and fellow anglers.
After thousands of hours of us and other angles testing, more refining and experimenting with materials, our initial 4” cork was born, when these proved to be a huge success we added the other sizes and styles and that’s where we are to date. We hope to continue to come out with different things and grow as we do.
God Bless and Tight Lines My Friends………… Sincerely, Jason & Kristi Capps.
- These are the largest of our Extreme Glow corks. Built tough for those long casts to reach your target. Just add a 2-‘3’ Fluorocarbon Leader (or your choice of leader) add live or artificial bait, just a few twitches of the rod tip and you’ll call in your prey. Weight 1.2oz. Green Glow. Available in Red (reddish orange), Orange, Green, Pink and Yellow, all fluorescent.
- A must have for any angler, the 1st of our Premium corks, tested for years, before we came to that perfect balance of weight and sound that really calls them to you. Just add a 2-‘3’ leader of your choice, add live or artificial bait, just a few twitches of the rod tip and you’ll call in your prey. Weight 1 oz. Green Glow. Available in Red (reddish orange), Orange, Green, Pink and Yellow, all fluorescent.
- If you are looking for, and want, a very versatile cork, look no further. Most popularly rigged with a 3’ leader of your choice and live bait, 3 quick snaps of your rod tip and wait for the attack. Weight .75 oz. Green Glow. Available in, Orange, Green, Pink and Yellow, all fluorescent.
- DBT’s Newest design!!! The Laguna dual glow, chatter corks are best rigged with fluorocarbon leaders and ¼ oz. – ½ oz. artificial bait of your choosing. These are the lightest and brightest of our premium corks. Weight .3 oz. Dual Green Glow. Perfect for spinning rigs. Available in Red (reddish orange), Orange, Pink and Yellow, all fluorescent.
- Our oval corks were designed for the fisherman who loves to fish for all species. Although mainly designed for the salty inshore, we combined weight & dual glow to give the angler a perfected balance from freshwater to salt. Weighs 5/8 oz. Dual Glow. Versatile with live or artificial bait of your choosing. Available in Red (reddish orange), Orange, Green, Pink and Yellow, all fluorescent.