The next time you line up a trophy in your sights, be sure to arm yourself with Cajun Custom Rods Trigger™ series of light tackle fishing rods. You’re certain to appreciate the extra-sensitivity and reinforced power section in the Trigger™ rod blanks, rolled using 100% pure CFX+™ carbon fiber material – designed for technical and light tackle experts to deliver the longest, most accurate, and best of class fish-fighting control that your hard-earned money can buy!
Cajun Trigger Specifications
|Model||Grip / Material||Length||Power||Action||Line Rating||Lure Rating|
|TRG-840-2C||Full / Cork||7′||Light||Fast||4/8 lbs||¹⁄₁₆ – ⅜ oz|
|TRG-841-2C||Full / Cork||7′||Medium Light||Fast||6-10 lbs||¹⁄₁₆ – ½ oz|
Now the light action Trigger™ rods include BRAND NEW 6-10 lb line class models with a light action rod tip that is perfect for streams, lakes, and inshore waters while fishing Powerbait™, light spinning lures, light jigs, twitch lures, spinners, maribou jigs, and small tackle. The Trigger™ is designed from scratch using Cajun Rods’ proprietary CFX+ carbon fiber material – made to be super-sensitive and power-lift your fishing confidence.
The Cajun Trigger™ is the perfect blend of weight versus power versus sensitivity in a fishing rod … and best of all … versus price! This is a performance-laden value series of rods that is certain to serve up enhanced performance for both freshwater and inshore anglers alike. Designed to launch light tackle and lures (from 1/16 to 1/2 oz), you’ll have the casting distance to get your lightweight lures launched into the strike zone … and then feel every subtle tap from your rod tip to your fingertips. Even better, the Trigger™ is designed with ample backbone to ensure you can drive the hook home, control (and turn your catch if needed), and get them to the landing net in a flash. Your confidence will soar as you admire those silver rainbow sidewalls or spotted iridescent sides dangle froom the end of your lure!
Each Trigger™ fishing rod features a bomb-proof butt cap, a full length Duracore™ cork rear grip, a full-bodied Fuji® Quality spinning reel seat with matching cushioned hood (black), and leverages premium Fuji® Quality rod guides. Additionally, Cajun Rods ensures that each rod guide train is rigged for performance, precision-tuning each guide by hand and using their proprietary low profile set-up which reduces weight, provides a more stable line-to-ring pass through for longer casts with lighter lures and tackle, and significantly increases overall rod sensitivity. It’s simple … less weight is more sensitive. Perfect for flats fishing, kayak fishing, boat fishing, wading, or plain ol’ just wetting a line … anyone can improve their trout tally and enjoyment on the water with the Cajun Trigger™ series of rods.
Features & Technologies
- 100% Made in the USA
- ACURIGHT™ Split Grip Handle System:
- When it feels right, it just feels right. Right? Each of our Cajun Rods produced is ergonomically constructed such that the combination of tuning, balance, and materials serve as the focal point for your only point of contact on your fishing rod, the rod grip (or handle). So the next time you “grip it and rip it” just know that our meticulous attention to ergonomic design is to ensure that your Cajun Rod not only fishes right, but feels right from first to last cast.
- Premium Duracore™ Premium-Grade Cork Handle Material:
- When it comes to the selection of handle system components and materials used in your Cajun Rod, quality counts. Our Duracore™ Premium Grade Cork handles and grips are super dense which equate to excellent abrasion, rip-stop resistance, enhanced vibration transmission, and a comfortable touch. So look forward to grabbing a Cajun Rod, because we know you’ll enjoy your super tough Cajun-crazy sensitive fishing rod.
- Harmonic Tuning and Precision Balance:
- At Cajun, each fishing rod is tuned to ensure optimum casting, retrieval, and rod response. Every rod guide is placed based on rod kinematics (”how that particular rod behaves”). The end result is that a Cajun Rod is harmonically tuned to every rod guide and component along the rod’s longitudinal axis, allowing for a “perfect” cast every time. Cast longer, load stronger, and hit the bullseye every time with your Cajun Rod.
- End-to-end rod balancing is performed on each Cajun Rod. To the angler, this means stronger and faster hook sets because it places your fishing rod tip above your “neutral zone” and in a “ready position.” A fulcrum-balanced Cajun Rod enhances your comfort and increases overall rod performance through longer and more accurate casts. This is but one detail as to why Cajun Rods are simply a better-engineered fishing rod.
- FUJI® Concept Stainless Rod Guides (handles any mono, fluoro, or braid effortlessly):
- Fuji® is world-renowned and steeped in decades of innovation as an industry leading manufacturer of fishing rod components. As such, we are proud to offer each of our 45 models of USA-manufactured Cajun Rods for 2017 exclusively using Fuji® rod guides and reel seats. “At Cajun Rods, every rod is USA-handcrafted … one at a time !”
- FUJI® Quality Reel Seat = durable, proven, and keeps your finger in touch with every vibration
- Dropshot Hook Keeper (Stainless Steel)Cajun Fiber X-Treme™ (CFX™) rod blank engineering and design = reactive hook sets:
- Casting: Blank-through Graphite Reel Seat with Cushioned Hood
- Spinning: Solid-body Graphite with Cushioned Hoods
- Smooth Taper-Transition™ (STT™) technology:
- STT™ is the result of our multi-layered approach to rod tube design utilizing CFX™ carbon fiber and graphite materials. STT™ provides uniform wall thickness and minimizes weak points in the blank as well increases durability and strength. When combined with our SCML™ and RLCF™ technology, every Cajun Rod is specifically engineered for a specific power-to-weight ratio with crisp, precise actions from rod tip to rod end. Rolled from scratch, engineered to the hilt, and designed to perform … “We build your confidence.”
- Smooth Core Micro Lattice™ (SCML™) rod blank with CFX+™ fibers:
- SCML™ is the intricate overlay of CFX™ carbon fiber and graphite materials to create a seamless mesh in every USA-engineered Cajun Rod tube. When our micro-latticed CFX™ materials are combined with a layered approach to rod blank design, the end result is that our anglers enjoy exceptional rod control, even rod loading, minimal rod twist, reduced rod weight, and increased rod sensitivity in their Cajun Rod.
- Our CFX+™ is truly a masterpiece of USA-engineering in rod material design. Combining high strain 36 and 40-ton carbon fibers with the perfect blend of resin enables very specific actions and tapers in our Cajun Rods. The strongest and lightest carbon fiber prepreg material that we use in manufacture, CFX+™ is best utilized in SCML™ rod tube fabrics. Amazing performance and technical applications.
- Reinforced Linear Carbon Fiber™ (RLCF™) rod tube with CFX+™ material:
- RLCF™ is not just the precision alignment of our CFX™ material along the longitudinal axis of every Cajun Rod, but most importantly consists of the pressures utilized to overlap and individually bind the carbon fiber strands in our rods. Ultimately, the linear integrity this process provides further reinforces each CFX™ rod blank to support extreme end-to-end loading and optimal parabolic form of each Cajun Rod.
- CFX+™ is truly a masterpiece of USA-engineering in rod material design. Combining high strain 36 and 40-ton carbon fibers with the perfect blend of resin enables very specific actions and tapers in our Cajun Rods. The strongest and lightest carbon fiber prepreg material that we use in manufacture, CFX+™ is best utilized in SCML™ rod tube fabrics. Amazing performance and technical applications.
- Lifetime limited warranty backed by Cajun Custom Rods®
Experience the best budget-conscious, feather-light, super-sensitive, and power-packed trout rod in America for those silver flashes of excellence beneath your rod tip. Each of the Cajun Trigger™ fishing rods feature premium Duracore™ 3A-Grade Premium full cork handles and solid American hand-crafted precision to deliver the best inshore or freshwater fishing rod that your hard-earned money can buy (at 2/3 less the price of its nearest competitor)!
“I absolutely love the Trigger when fishing for trout and redfish on the flats. It is light enough to handle trout of all sizes and has enough backbone to tackle any redfish that decide to test its worth.” – Zsolt Takacs, Zen Fishing Angler