How to Rig BallyHoo:
1. If Ballyhoo is frozen, place in 5 gallon bucket of saltwater and allow them to thaw.
2. Next step is to bend the body back and forth to break the spine. This improves the swimming action of the Ballyhoo.
3. Insert the hook through the gills, so the hook point comes out the belly of the bait. The eye of the hook should be located even with the gill.
4. The pin placement should be forward of the eyes and passed through the lower bill and upper lip to prevent the mouth from opening. Take the copper wire and make wraps in front of the pin near the eye. Then continue making wraps down the bill of the Ballyhoo until the copper wire is used up. Important to make the wrap tight so pin will not loosen up.
5. Slide Boone Ballyhoo skirt over the bill and pin. The Boone skirt will help protect the Ballyhoo and make the bait last longer, as well as adding color to the bait.